Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 1

This class started off running!!! First time we all met, was on an online video chat, where my webcam decided to not work...not at all! But the class video chat did well, and even though we could not see each other, we were able to all go over then requirements of the class, and went over the requirements of the class.

As apart of class, examining the different and new ideas and technologies this week was full of new. I set up a blog, which makes sense, because I am using it now. A wiki and personal website were also created, which is great but these two items i feel much weaker on. The wiki is especially new to me, and the use of which is still unclear.

The last piece of new information that was touched upon was LoTi. LoTi, as I have found, stands for levels of technology implemented, and for this class we direct it towards technology implemented into education. When looking at myself on this scale, I find myself at about a 2. This pretty much means, I use technology to get critical information to the students. An example of this was the teachers that stick with powerpoint to get class notes across. I hope to develop further on the LoTi scale, especially with the use of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment