Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oh the new Technology...


This week, came with three new web technologies to try out and use. Te sites were Twitter, Diigo, and del.icio.us.

Having used Twitter, for at least a year I really found nothing terribly new when watching the videos on other people getting the, started. Twitter is a super easy way to get short messages out to a large number of people. I use this as a social site, as opposed to using it for an educational purpose, but this site has lots of potential for use within the classroom. The only real downside, is that there is a limited number of letters that are allowed per tweet.

Diigo, is a site that I had never heard of before, but instantly fell in love with. One of the major problems with my computer is organization, and this seems to be my tool! With the ability to highlight, sticky note, and bookmark pages to a separate page that can be accessed from anywhere! It is almost too good to be true. This tools seems as though it was made for graduate students who do a lot of research, and even for an online course, it's like another way to organize all of the new information that comes my way!! I am very excited that I was introduced to this site!!

Del.icio.us, is a site that I looked at, and I watched the tutorial, but just took no interest in. It seems that del.icio.us is like Diigo, just that Diigo took it to another level. I think that this is why, I did not have a lot to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment